9 helpful resources for final exams
The end of the term can only mean one thing: final exams. But not to worry! There are a lot of resources on campus that you can access as a student to help during final exams.
The Library Information Common, located on the main campus in Room 1006, has some fantastic resources available for students. Check them out:
- Study rooms are located in the Library, Donald School of Business, or Makerspace. These rooms can be booked online for groups of two or more RDC students for up to two hours per group per day.
- Assistance with research, citations (APA/MLA/Chicago), and tech is available at the Library Desk.
- Within the Math Learning Centre, a math tutor, math instructor, and peer tutors are available to help you understand the math-related content of your courses. There's no cost, and it's a drop-in basis, so you can come back as often as you need to. Drop-in hours are listed here.
- Writing Skills Centre can help you improve your academic writing skills with a tutor one-on-one and for free. Find the drop-in availability here.
- Learning Skills and Strategies help you to understand, remember and apply the knowledge you're receiving in your courses. Appointments are offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and are about 45 minutes in length. Book an appointment here.
- Peer-Assisted Learning Sessions (PALS) are students who have done well in their courses and completed training. They can help other students through the tough patches in RDC's most challenging courses. Find their schedule here.
- Extended study hours will begin December 2 - 18, and they'll be open until 11:00 pm every day during that time.
Another great resource during final exams? Our Counselling Centre, located in Room 1402, offers confidential counselling to all RDC students free of charge. Our professional counsellors can help you throughout any time in your college life, especially during some stressful times like final exams.
Our counsellors are available to see you Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. To book an appointment, visit them in Room 1402. They also have walk-in counselling available on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
The Counselling Centre will be open until December 24 until 12:00 pm.
Not sure if you want to speak with a counsellor? No worries! There are lots of helpful resources, like test anxiety, time management, and stress, that you can check out here.
Well, that's it! We hope you'll check out some of these free student resources as we're sure that they'll help ease any stressful moments during final exams.
View Our Campuses
Get to Know Us
View our Faculty & Staff Biographies