Accepted International Students
Your Future Starts Now
We know that deciding to pursue post-secondary education in another country can be overwhelming. We're here to help as you start this next chapter. Explore these resources and prepare for your future as a student at Red Deer Polytechnic.
I’ve applied, now what?
After you have submitted your application to attend RDP, you should do the following:
1. Log into The Loop to Check your Application Status
- What is The Loop?
- The Loop is Red Deer Polytechnic's student portal. Your username and login instructions will be provided to you via email shortly after applying to attend our institution.
- What if I have trouble logging in?
- If you experience trouble logging in, please contact our IT Services Desk by email servicedesk [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca.
- Where do I find information on my application?
- Once you have logged in to The Loop, click on “Applications” in the menu on the right hand side of your screen.
I’ve received my Letter of Acceptance from Red Deer Polytechnic. Now what?
1. Pay Your Tuition Deposit
- If you meet the admission requirements for your program of choice and there is a seat available, you will be admitted to RDP!
- International Applicants are required to pay their tuition deposit prior to receiving their Letter of Acceptance.
- This deposit is non-refundable, except in cases where the applicant provides proof that their study permit application was denied prior to the term’s add/drop date.
- Check out the “International Student Tuition & Fees” page for additional instructions.
2. Download your Letter of Acceptance
- Once RDP has received your tuition deposit, you will be able to download your Letter of Acceptance.
- How do I download my Letter of Acceptance?
- Once you are in the Applications section of The Loop, scroll down to “Letter of Acceptance for International Students”. Click on the link and your PDF Letter of Acceptance will automatically download.
- What is the password to open my Letter of Acceptance?
- For your security, the Letter of Acceptance PDF is protected with a password. The password will be your 9-digit Red Deer Polytechnic Student ID. You can find this ID on the top left-hand side of your screen under The Loop logo.
3. Apply for Your Study Permit and Co-Op Work Permit
- Check out this Government of Canada webpage on how to apply for a study permit.
- If your program includes a mandatory practicum or work experience component, you must also apply for and obtain a co-op work permit before you begin your practicum/work experience. Check out this Government of Canada webpage on how to apply for a co-op work permit.
4. Register in Courses
- If you are wondering "What courses do I need to take?" The answer to this question lies in your Academic Planning Guide. These guides provide a breakdown of the courses required for specific programs. Be sure to read the guide for your program prior to registering in courses.
5. Ensure your Official Documentation is Submitted to Red Deer Polytechnic
- Although the Office of the Registrar is able to review your “unofficial” or scanned documents in order to admit you to a program and provide a Letter of Acceptance, you must provide official documentation to the Office of the Registrar prior to the first day of classes. See “Step 8” on the International Admissions webpage.
My first term at Red Deer Polytechnic starts soon, now what?
1. Arrange Accommodations
- Check out the Housing for International Students page.
2. Complete the Pre-Arrival Tutorial
- See below
3. Pay your Full Tuition
- Check out the International Student Tuition & Fees page.
View Our Campuses
Get to Know Us
View our Faculty & Staff Biographies