Current International Students
Preparing to Study at Red Deer Polytechnic (formerly Red Deer College, or RDC) Quick Links:
- Pre-Arrival Tutorial – Module #1: To Know Before You Arrive
- Pre-Arrival Tutorial – Module #2: Preparing to Learn at Red Deer Polytechnic
- Pre-Arrival Tutorial – Module #3: Living and Thriving in Red Deer, Canada
- Health Insurance Information for International Students
- Housing for International Students
- International Tuition and Fees
Your Future Starts Now
We know that deciding to pursue post-secondary education in another country can be overwhelming. We're here to help as you start this next chapter. Explore these resources and prepare for your future as a student at Red Deer Polytechnic.
I’ve applied, now what?
After you have submitted your application to attend RDP, you should do the following:
1. Log into The Loop to Check your Application Status
- What is The Loop?
- The Loop is Red Deer Polytechnic's student portal. Your username and login instructions will be provided to you via email shortly after applying to attend our institution.
- What if I have trouble logging in?
- If you experience trouble logging in, please contact our IT Services Desk by calling 403.342.3580 or email servicedesk [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca.
- Where do I find information on my application?
- Once you have logged in to The Loop, click on “Applications” in the menu on the right hand side of your screen.
I’ve received my Letter of Acceptance from Red Deer Polytechnic. Now what?
1. Download your Letter of Acceptance
- How do I download my Letter of Acceptance?
- Once you are in the Applications section of The Loop, scroll down to “Letter of Acceptance for International Students”. Click on the link and your PDF Letter of Acceptance will automatically download.
- What is the password to open my Letter of Acceptance?
- For your security, the Letter of Acceptance PDF is protected with a password. The password will be your 9-digit Red Deer Polytechnic Student ID. You can find this ID on the top left-hand side of your screen under The Loop logo.
2. Pay Your Tuition Deposit
- Check out the “International Tuition and Fees” page for additional instructions.
3. Apply for Your Study Permit
Check out the Government of Canada’s webpage on how to apply for a study permit.
4. Register in Courses
- If you are wondering "What courses do I need to take?" The answer to this question lies in your Academic Planning Guide. These guides provide a breakdown of the courses required for specific programs. Be sure to read the guide for your program prior to registering in courses.
5. Ensure your Official Documentation is Submitted to Red Deer Polytechnic
- Although the Office of the Registrar is able to review your “unofficial” or scanned documents in order to admit you to a program and provide a Letter of Acceptance, you must provide official documentation to the Office of the Registrar prior to the first day of classes. See “Step 7” on the International Admissions webpage.
My first term at Red Deer Polytechnic starts soon, now what?
1. Arrange Accommodations
- Check out the “Housing for International Students” page.
2. Complete the Pre-Arrival Tutorial
- See below
3. Pay your Full Tuition
- Check out the “International Tuition and Fees” page.
Pre-Arrival Tutorial for International Students
As you prepare to study at Red Deer Polytechnic, review the Pre-Arrival Tutorial Modules linked below. You will find information curated specifically for incoming international students to ensure you have key information prior to beginning your studies at our institution!