International Student Tuition and Fees
International Student Tuition and Fees
|Tuition and Program Fees Estimates||Determined by program||
Tuition Deposit Deadlines
A non-refundable tuition deposit is required for all new and returning international students admitted to a Fall, Winter, or Spring term credit program. Continuing students are not required to pay a tuition deposit.
|Term||Date of Admission||Tuition Deposit Deadlines|
If you are admitted before October 1
|You have until October 31 to pay your tuition deposit.|
|If you are admitted on or after October 1||You have one month from the date of your admission to pay your tuition deposit.|
|Spring 2024||If you are admitted before February 1||You have until February 28 to pay your tuition deposit.|
|If you are admitted on or after February 1||You have one month from the date of your admission to pay your tuition deposit.|
|Fall 2024||If you are admitted October 1 - November 30||You have until January 15 to pay your tuition deposit.|
|If you are admitted December 1 - March 31||You have until April 30 to pay your tuition deposit.|
|If you are admitted April 1 - July 26||You have one month from the date of your admission to pay your tuition deposit.|
|If you are admitted July 27 - August 26||A tuition deposit is not required, though you must set up a payment plan or pay your tuition and fees in full by the Fall term tuition and fee payment deadline of August 27.|
|If you are admitted on or after August 27||A tuition deposit is not required, though you must set up a payment plan or pay your tuition and fees in full within 48 hours of registering in courses.|
Tuition and Fee Payment Deadlines
|Term||Study Period||Tuition and Fee Payment Deadline|
|Winter 2024||January- April 2024||January 8, 2024|
|Spring 2024||May- June 2024||May 1, 2024|
|Summer 2024||Summer 2024||Summer 2024|
|Fall 2024||September - December 2024||August 27, 2024|
Payment Options for International Students
Investing in post-secondary education is an investment in your future. RDP provides our international students with several methods to pay their tuition:
Pay Your Tuition and Fees Term by Term
- Once registered for courses, submit payment by term, on or before the term payment deadline.
Pay Your Tuition for the Full Academic Year
- Once your registration is complete for the academic year, submit payment for each term, on or before the starting term payment deadline.
Pay Estimated Tuition for Your First Year of Study after Acceptance into Program (SDS Stream)
- International students who are interested in applying for their study permit through the Government of Canada’s Student Direct Stream will be required to pay the estimated tuition for their first year of study upon acceptance into the program. Once you receive your Letter of Acceptance and pay your tuition deposit, submit a lump sum payment of the first year estimated tuition. It is important to note that exact tuition and fees will be calculated once you register for courses in each term.
How to Pay Your Tuition and Fees
Red Deer Polytechnic has partnered with Flywire to provide our international payers with a secure payment method that simplifies the payment process. With Flywire, you can pay online from banks and countries around the world, usually in your home currency.
Within a few days of applying to RDP, you will be emailed your Loop username and password. Access theLoop and follow the instructions to complete payment:
- Log-in to theLoop
- Click on the "Money Matters" tab then select "International Tuition & Fees"
- Go to the "International Payments" section and click on the Flywire link
- Follow the instructions provided by Flywire to complete the payment
*Please note that it may take up to 5-6 business days before your payment will be posted to your student account. Please calculate in processing time when referring to tuition due dates. You may be charged a late fee if payment is not posted to your account by the tuition due date.
*If you need to pay a balance for your application fee, please contact the Fees Office at cashier [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (cashier[at]rdpolytech[dot]ca).
Payment Plan for Qualified Returning International Students
If you are a returning international student in the second, third or fourth year of a program, RDP offers students the option to pay their tuition and fees in 4 equal payments by term through an approved payment plan.
To review eligibility criteria log into TheLoop and visit the International Tuition & Fees page under the Money Matters tab.