Make Your Convocation Day Memorable
10 ways to make your Convocation Day a success!
- Enjoy your moment. The hard work is done. Take it all in.
- Keep it classy and dress for the occasion. Casual and clean is good (dresses, dress pants).
- It’s important to arrive ON TIME in order to get your gown and hood, hear the important instructions from the Student Marshals and be ready for the entrance procession.
- Please leave your purses, personal items, coffees, etc. with family or friends. There is no check-in or storage available. RDP will not be held responsible for the loss or theft of any valuables.
- Cell phones should be on silent mode and put away! Using your cell phone during the ceremony is distracting to you and others seated around you.
- Remember to visit the washroom BEFORE the ceremonies so you don’t miss your cue.
- Parents/guests are not allowed in the gowning area before the ceremony. Please arrange a meeting spot with your guests to meet after the ceremonies.
- Cheer on your classmates! Clapping and whooping allowed. It’s a day to celebrate all Red Deer Polytechnic graduates.
- Each ceremony is approximately 2 to 2 ½ hours long. Please be considerate of the other graduates and stay until the end of the ceremony.
- Remember to smile. Like, all day! Staff will be taking photographs, videos, and posting on social media throughout the day.