Red Deer Polytechnic’s Division of Extended Education offers flexible learning and a wide variety of programming from certificates to diploma programs to micro-credentials. View the options below to find the path that fits your goals.
View All Programs and Courses
RDP offers diverse Extended Education options, from individual courses to complete credentials.
Learn About Corporate Training
Organizations that invest in training for their teams create individual and collective impact.
Explore the Professional Development Guide
Find inspiration to enhance your skillset and attain your goals.
Enjoy Camps and Workshops
People of all ages can explore, train and create during the week-long camps at RDP this summer.
Understand Payment Plans and Funding Information
Options may be available for individuals and organizations.
Explore Plans and Funding
Begin Your Registration
Follow the steps below to understand the registration process and start the path to your goals.
View Registration Steps
Programs and Courses
Below you will find the complete list of all Extended Education programs offered throughout the year.
After you have chosen a program, view the Registration Information to learn more about your next steps.
Accounting & Finance
Leadership & Management
- NEW! Leadership Agility
- Management Skills For Commercial Kitchens
- Management Skills For Supervisors
- Project Management
- Recreational Facility Management (AARFP)
- Site Manager Certificate (ASCHA)
- Women in Business
Lean Six Sigma
Trauma informed programming
Marketing & Sales
Computer Applications & Information Technology
Data & Technology
Health & Wellness
- Health Care Aide
- Health Care Practice & Management
- Supportive Care Assistant
- Massage Therapy Diploma
- Medical Office Assistant
- Dental Office Assistant Specialty
- Unit Clerk Specialty
Fitness & Wellness
Heart and stroke bls and fit testing
Academic Preparation & Language
Arts, Leisure & Life Skills
Payment Plans and Funding Information
- Payment Plans
The program you are interested in may qualify for a payment plan. Programs may qualify for payment plans if they:
- Have tuition fees of $2,000 or more, and
- Exceed 15 weeks in length
You will need to confirm if a payment plan option is available before you begin registration for the program.
Please contact the Division of Extended Education for more information:
Monday - Friday | 8 am - 4 pm
extended [dot] ed [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca
- Funding Options
Red Deer Polytechnic grants students more than $1,000,000 in awards and scholarships annually.
Please review the information on Funding for Courses within Extended Education to learn the options available to you. You can also explore the full list of Awards and Scholarship opportunities to see what might be applicable to your situation.
- Canada-Alberta Job Grant
Invest in your current or future employees and your organization could be eligible to get two-thirds of training costs covered through government funding.
Your chosen Red Deer Polytechnic training program or course may be eligible for funding under the Canada-Alberta Job Grant. For eligible employers, the government contributes two-thirds of the training cost to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee per fiscal year. If you hire an unemployed Albertan, that rate could go up to $15,000 per trainee with 100% coverage.
Eligible employers are:
- Private sector employers, including sole proprietors and partnerships
- Non-profit sector employers
- First Nations and Metis Settlements
Eligible trainees are:
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents
- Protected people under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) who are entitled to work in Canada
- Employed family members
To qualify, training must:
- Meet or exceed 21 instructor-led hours per trainee
- Start within six months of receiving grant approval
- Be completed within 52 weeks of the training start date
- Result in credential (certification, grade, record of completion, etc.)
Learn more about the Canada-Alberta Job Grant.
Follow the steps below to streamline the registration process for your Extended Education program or course.
- Select Your Program or Course
- First, review the complete list of Extended Education programs and courses detailed above.
- Find the option(s) that best suit your goals.
- Determine if it is Available
- It is important to note that programs and courses are available for registration at different times throughout a year. Complete the following steps to determine availability:
- STEP 1: Proceed to the Courses and Registration page:
- Search for your program or course to see if it is open for registration
- STEP 2: If it is listed, then you can proceed:
- Begin the registration process described below
- STEP 3: If it is not listed, then registration is not open at this time:
- Please check back regularly to see when the course will be offered, or
- Contact Extended Education at extended [dot] ed [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca to be added to our waitlist
- Begin the Registration Process
- After you have completed the steps above – and if your course is open for registration, continue on the Courses and Registration page
- STEP 1: Select your course
- STEP 2: Click on the appropriate option, such as “Add to Cart” or “Begin Registration”
- The options differ, depending on the type of program or course you are selecting.
- STEP 3: Sign in or create a new profile on the Red Deer Polytechnic Extended Education Online Registration page
- Please note: This registration is unique and separate from other RDP usernames and passwords, such as TheLoop. This page has instructions on how to proceed.
- STEP 4: Proceed through the sign in and registration process. \STEP 5: Ensure you have a credit card available for payment.
Need to cancel your registration? View the Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- After Registering
- After you register, you will automatically receive two emails:
- One email will be the confirmation of your registration.
- The second will be a receipt for the transaction.
- You may also be interested in connecting with other areas at RDP:
- Learn more about resources available through Accessibility Services
- Explore resources and study spaces in the Library
- Connect with the team in Indigenous Student Services
- Access resources through Counselling Services
- View RDP’s campuses through the Virtual Tour
- After you register, you will automatically receive two emails:
Contact Extended Education
Connect with us: extended [dot] ed [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (Email) | Twitter | Facebook | 403.356.4900
Already an Extended Education Student?
Login to your account here.