Andrea began at RDP in 2016 with a background teaching part-time in Ontario in Nursing, Pre-Health Science and Fitness and Health Promotion programs. Andrea completed her BKin (Honours) degree at Brock University and continued on to Ball State University for an M.S. degree. She is taking the long way around toward a Doctorate degree from Western University. Andrea’s specialties include exercise physiology, pediatric exercise physiology and fitness and health. In 2018, Andrea completed her CSEP Clinical Exercise Physiologist (CEP) with High-Performance specialization in addition to her Instructor-Examiner (IE) designation and is in the last phase of completing her CSEP CEP IE, which will permit the certification of students with this designation at RDP.
M.S. (Pediatric Exercise Physiology), Ball State University
BKin. (Pediatric Exercise Physiology), Brock University
Fitness and Health Promotion
- Acute Exercise Effects on Measures of Attention and Impulsivity in Children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Mahon AD, Dean RS, McIntosh DE, Marjerrison AD, Cole AS, Woodruff ME, & Horn MP. Journal of Educational and Psychological Development, 2013 Nov;3(2).
- Effect of stimulant medication use by children with ADHD on heart rate and perceived exertion. Mahon A, Woodruff M, Horn M, Marjerrison A, and Cole A. Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly, 2012 Apr;29(2):151-60.
- A Raised Metabolic Rate Slows Pulmonary O2 Uptake Kinetics on Transition to Moderate-Intensity Exercise in Humans Independently of Work Rate. Bowen T, Murgatroyd S, Cannon D, Cuff T, Lainey A, Marjerrison A, Spencer M, Benson A, Paterson D, Kowalchuk J, Rossiter H. Experimental Physiology, 2011 Oct;96(10):1049-61.
- Evaluating Predicted Versus Measured Maximal Heart Rate in Children and Adolescents. Mahon A, Marjerrison A, Lee J, Woodruff M and Hanna L. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 2010 Dec;81(4):466-71.
- Preexercise Carbohydrate Consumption and Repeated Anaerobic Performance in Pre- and Early Pubertal Boys. Marjerrison A, Lee J and Mahon A. International Journal of Sport Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism, 2007 Apr;17(2):140-151.
Alberta Kinesiology Association - Vice-President
Professional and/or RDC Leadership
- Peer Observer
- CSEP CEP, High Performance Specialization
- CSEP CPT IE
View Our Campuses
Get to Know Us
View our Faculty & Staff Biographies