Apprenticeship Schedule and Delivery Information
Do you have questions about Red Deer Polytechnic's COVID-19 processes or about coming to campus? Please view our COVID-19 Updates.
Below you will find general and program specific information on the Apprenticeship programs offered at Red Deer Polytechnic.
Face-to-Face Delivery - full-time on campus. Apprentices will be required to attend classes and practical lab/shop portions in person on campus.
Blended Delivery - theory portion online and practical lab/shop portions offered on campus. Apprentices are required to be on campus for scheduled practical lab/shop portions.
Not all programs are available in all delivery options. Please review the program-specific information for availability and full details.
- Automotive Service Technician
- Gasfitter (Period 1 only)
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Instrumentation and Control Technician
- Parts Technician
- Sprinkler Systems Installer
Course Costs and Funding Information
Course Costs - Please review course costs and cancellation information.
Funding - Please review funding options for Apprentices.
Employment Insurance (EI) - The EI code can be found in your MyTradesecrets account. Please contact Service Canada for more information about Employment Insurance options for your technical training 1-800-206-7218 (in Alberta).
Apprentices attending face-to-face delivery may require to provide their own computer device for access to electronic material essential to their program. Please review the program specific information for additional details.
Online Learning Resources
Red Deer Polytechnic has created some tools to help you make decisions on the best course of action for next academic year. Please see our flexible learning readiness checklist to evaluate your readiness for online learning.
Blended? CBAT? What does all this mean?
- Here are some definitions of flexible learning terms to help you understand your course delivery.
What type of computer/ software/ accessories will I need?
- Red Deer Polytechnic has put together some requirements and suggestions for flexible learning. In addition, see your program page for additional requirements specific to your program. Your device must have a screen size of at least 13 inches to support viewing and functionality.
What if my internet connection is below the minimum requirements?
- You may have the option to stay on campus in our residence. Please contact Residence for more information.
- Red Deer Polytechnic has an Online Success Toolkit that supports students with the unique challenge of learning online. It offers resources, how-to guides, activities and ideas that will promote your success as online learners. You can access it in under the “My Organizations” box on the myRDC tab.
Please see our Apprenticeship Enrolment Information document for additional information.
How can I get my ILM’s and textbooks?
- Check your program-specific information page for a list required books and materials. Please also visit the Campus Store website.
- It is highly recommended for you to order your textbooks online well before your program starts to ensure availability.
I need academic support or accommodations: what should I do?
- Academic Support will be available for apprentices.
- If you require academic or physical accommodations with Accessibility Services, we recommend that you contact Accessibility Services prior to your start date to start assessing your needs.
What if I need residence, parking or other services when I am on campus?