Gasfitter/ Common First Period Pipe Trades Schedule
Please see Visit our Gasfitter Apprenticeship information page for more details on the skilled trade.
You can register for apprenticeship training by:
- Logging on to your MyTradesecrets account
- Calling 403.342.3100 or 888.475.1101
- Visiting the RDP registration desk on main campus
- Delivery Method
- Apprentices are required to attend daily theory and labs/shops on campus.
- Theory portion online anywhere.
- Mandatory labs/shops on campus.
- Extended Course Length which allows flexibility for students to keep working outside of mandatory lab/shop times.
- Option to exit early once theory and shop objectives are met through CBAT model (Competency Based Apprenticeship Training)
- Gasfitter First Period 2022 - 2023 Schedule
Course Dates Delivery Method* On Campus Time Requirements August 29/22 - November 18/22 Blended
October 3 – 7 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
October 11 – 14 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
October 17 – 18 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
October 24/22 - December 16/22 Face-to-Face Monday to Friday | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM January 3/23 - February 24/23 Face-to-Face Monday to Friday | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM January 9/23 - March 3/23 Face-to-Face Monday to Friday | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM February 6/23 - April 28/23 Blended
February 28 – March 3 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
March 13 - 17 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
March 20 - 21 | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
February 27/23 - April 21/23 Face -to-Face Monday to Friday | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM May 1/23 - June 23/23 Face-to-Face Monday to Friday | 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
*Please see delivery method tab above for delivery definitions
- Fees & Course Materials
Period All Periods Tuition $987.00 Shop Material Fee $85.00 Activity & Wellness Fee $22.00 Students' Association $53.00 Facility Service & Technology $270.00 Total $1417.00
*The above fees do not include books or materials.
Students will require a tablet or laptop.
View cancellation information and payment policy here.
View Gasfitter Apprenticeship required books and materials here.
View Apprenticeship funding information here.
Employment Insurance (EI)
Apprentices may be eligible for EI while in technical training. The EI code can be found in your MyTradesecrets account. Please contact Service Canada for more information at 1-800-206-7218 (in Alberta).
View Our Campuses
Get to Know Us
View our Faculty & Staff Biographies