Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre
An awe-inspiring, state-of-the-art facility makes it easier to advance your personal or team’s fitness and wellness goals.
Community members, organizations, athletic teams and recreational enthusiasts will all benefit from the dynamic opportunities in the beautiful and accessible Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre/Centre des Jeux du Canada Gary W. Harris. Once the home of the Canada Winter Games, the Centre provides barrier-free sport and fitness opportunities.
We invite you to check out all the Centre has to offer, including:
- Fas Gas – On The Run Gymnasium
- Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone
- Border Paving Running Track
- Larkaun Homes Squash Courts
- Teaching and Learning Spaces
In addition to the amazing athletic and comfortable relaxing spaces, you will also have access to our food service options and Collegiate Sports Medicine’s on-site satellite clinic that provides therapy services.
Please come and visit us.
The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre Arena is home to the RDP Kings and Queens Ice Hockey teams. The Arena is also home to the Red Deer U18 Female - Sutter Fund AAA Hockey Team.
The bright and spacious Arena was carefully designed to maximize the competition experience for athletes and the viewing, comfort and audio experiences for fans and guests. The Arena can seat up to 1,100 spectators.
- Short track speed skating and sledge hockey capabilities
- Multiple general use dressing rooms
- Kings and Queens home dressing and training rooms
- Red Deer U18 Female - Sutter Fund AAA Hockey Team dedicated dressing room
- Four barrier-free community dressing rooms, each featuring individual showers
- One dynamic 18-foot HD scoreboard/video wall
- Skate sharpening area available for organizations to bring sharpening equipment
Daily Arena Schedule
Please note that all arena bookings are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, call the Guest Services Desk at 403.356.5100.
Availability for public use, including community tournaments, club teams and special events. Contact us about renting the Arena.
Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone
Red Deer Polytechnic Fitness Programs are dedicated to the health and well-being of central Albertans.
Membership to our 30,000 square foot high-performance Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone provides you with access to:
- State-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment including Cybex spark trainers, powermills, treadmills, and cross-trainers
- Our high-performance zone consists of six platforms, three half racks, multi-jungle and synergy unit
- Spin bike zone
- Free weight zone
- Barrier-free fitness opportunities
- Fitness classes held in our multi-purpose fitness studio, BMO Financial Group Wellness Studio, which overlooks RDP Builders’ Hall
- Personal training services for individuals of all fitness levels
- Free individual fitness program design to help you reach your fitness goals
We take pride in creating a comfortable and safe environment where you are encouraged to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. We want your experience to be great, not only from your workout but from the friends you make while training here.
Membership has its benefits and at Red Deer Polytechnic, your membership at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre has many!
BMO Financial Group Wellness Studio
BMO Financial Group Wellness Studio is located just off the Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone, and it has the most natural light of any space in the Gary. W. Harris Canada Games Centre. With views of the outdoor paces and RDP Builders’ Hall indoors, this is a prime location for a wide range of health and fitness activities.
Fas Gas – On The Run Gymnasium
The Fas Gas - On The Run Gymnasium is the home court for RDP Kings and Queens Volleyball and Basketball teams. This performance gymnasium is 1,748 square metres and can be configured for single feature court events for both basketball and volleyball and multi-court configurations to accommodate tournaments as well.
This bright, convertible space features:
- 1,200 individual seat capacity, with top-loading access and barrier-free viewing
- A configuration that meets both FIVB and FIBA competition requirements
- State-of-the-art audiovisual technologies
- Two dynamic 18-foot HD scoreboard/video walls
- Ability to adapt to a variety of court sports with multiple seating configurations
Availability for public use, including community tournaments, club teams and special events
Daily Gymnasium Schedule
Please note that all gym bookings are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, call the Guest Services Desk at 403.356.5100.
Availability for public rentals, including community tournaments, club teams and special events. Contact us about renting the Fas Gas – On The Run Gymnasium.
Border Paving Running Track
The Border Paving Running Track is a 200-metre training/competition track that includes a 100-metre sprint track.
Larkaun Homes Squash Courts
Squash is an exciting, fast-moving indoor sport that offers an excellent full-body workout. Get your sweat on in one of our four Larkaun Homes Squash courts located in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre.
Cost: Free for members; $10 per hour per participant for non-members
Those wishing to book a squash court must create a Perfect Mind user account
- Squash court bookings are available on the hour for an hour
- Squash goggles and balls are available for purchase at Guest Services for $6 each
- You can rent squash rackets for $5 per hour
Please review the squash court conditions of use, to ensure an equitable, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
Teaching and Learning Spaces
The majority of the educational spaces consisting of classrooms and labs are housed in the Donald Health & Wellness Centre, a wing of the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. There are an additional three classrooms located in the Arena zone. All these spaces support RDP’s academic programming, primarily in the School of Community, Wellness and Health, including Kinesiology & Sport Studies.
Athletic therapy, high-performance training lab and fitness/testing space create new opportunities to support and expand academic programming at the Polytechnic.
View Our Campuses
Get to Know Us
View our Faculty & Staff Biographies