Commit. Train. Maintain.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s fitness programs are focused on the development of your health and wellbeing. We take pride in creating a comfortable and safe environment where you are encouraged to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. We want your experience to be great, not only from your workout but from the friends you make while training here.
Fitness and Wellness Services
At Red Deer Polytechnic, we have many options to keep you active and motivated to achieve your health and wellness goals! Grab your gym bag and racket and head over to the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre for a visit to the Collicutt Peformance Fitness Zone, equipped with brand new fitness equipment, weights and squash courts. Try to beat your personal best with a run on the 100 m or 200 m track. Rally on the soccer fields, practice your slap shot in the arena, perfect your slam dunk in the Fas Gas - On The Run Gymnasium and push yourself in the training labs – all without leaving main campus.
Check out the many fitness programs we offer including but not limited to Yoga, Booty Barre, Cycle, TRX and more. Can't make it to the gym today, maybe check out an online class. Something for everyone!
Everything you need to know about memberships including fees, parking and policies.
Do you want to certify to achieve a career with fitness leadership, need a certification for a career path or incorporate physical activity into the classroom and community? If yes, check out our professional training.
Or, do you want to set your health and wellness goals and develop a plan to achieve them with our personal training options. Our trainers want to work with you!
For some fun recreational activities, sign up for intramurals today. We have everything from No Hit Hockey to Spikeball and much more because there is more to school than just books.
Health and Safety Guidelines
To help ensure the health and safety of all our members, we ask your help to review and follow the guidelines below when you attend Red Deer Polytechnic to use our facilities:
- Please enter the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre using the north-west doors (closest entrance from 32nd Street). Proceed to Guest Services on the first floor, following the signs. Our new signage includes floor signs that help remind you of appropriate physical distancing measures.
- Please complete the COVID-19 Contact Tracing and Alberta Daily Checklist using the SAFE RDP App. You can download this app on IOS and Android devices. Alternately, you can complete it at the Guest Services desk in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre as you check in for your workout.
- Please use hand sanitizer available when you arrive at Guest Services, and again before you enter the Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone and/or Border Paving Running Track Running Track. Hand sanitizer will be available in various areas for your continued use during your workout.
- Members will each receive a sanitized spray bottle and a cloth for their workout. We appreciate your help using these items to wipe all equipment before and after you use it. When your workout is completed, you can return your spray bottle and cloth to the Fitness Desk at which point these items will be disinfected and laundered.
- Showers are available for use, but members are required to let the staff at Guest Services know that they will be using the shower facilities. Members will be provided with a magnet sign and a spray bottle so they can disinfect the shower after use, as instructed by Guest Services staff.
We are committed to keeping you informed about updates to our facilities, hours and programs. You can review up-to-date information about Red Deer Polytechnic’s response to COVID-19 on our website.