Jodi Clovechok, BA, B.Ed
As the ESL Academic Tutor, Jodi helps students improve their understanding of concepts and processes related to their academic course work by providing one-on-one and small group support. Jodi specifically focuses on developing the communication skills of English as a Second Language (ESL) students and building academic language proficiency through grammar instruction, vocabulary development, and conversation/pronunciation.
Jodi has 19 years of experience teaching and tutoring students from K-12 and adults, including 5 years at Red Deer Polytechnic. She has taught in several school systems in Canada, Bahrain, and Singapore, and at CARE in Red Deer. She has visited 19 countries and lived internationally in 3 countries outside of Canada.
- TESL Diploma, University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Education (with Distinction), University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Arts (Linguistics, Anthropology), University of Alberta
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- Alberta Teachers of English as a Second Language
Awards and Honours
- Golden Key International Honour Society