Submitting & Ordering Official Transcripts
Requesting and sending transcripts is part of your academic journey at RDP.
Whether you are applying to attend RDP or you need your official transcript for employment or further learning, you can find details below.
Applying to attend Red Deer Polytechnic?
You'll need to send us your transcript(s).
Official high school and/or post-secondary transcripts are required for us to finalize admission decisions for any prospective students applying to attend a program at Red Deer Polytechnic.
Do you require an RDP transcript?
View details here about ordering an RDP transcript, parchment or letter of completion to send to another organization
How to Submit Official Transcripts to RDP
Transcripts for Admission Purposes
To be considered official, transcripts must be:
1. Provided to Red Deer Polytechnic using the MyCreds™ National Network.
2. Emailed to RDP directly from the issuing institution to: email@example.com
3. Mailed directly from the issuing institution to:
Office of the Registrar
Red Deer Polytechnic
100 College Boulevard | Box 5005
Red Deer AB T4N 5H5
4. Mailed to RDP by the student, in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution with the institutional stamp or signature across the seal.
Did you attend high school in Alberta?
We will request high school transcripts on your behalf. You do not need to submit transcripts.
If you are still attending high school or are moving from outside Alberta to attend RDP, please identify your grade 12 courses on your application to attend Red Deer Polytechnic. This will assist us in making an initial admission decision regarding your application.
Did you attend high school outside of Alberta?
Click the appropriate hyperlink below to learn how to order your high school transcript from your province or territory to submit it to Red Deer Polytechnic.
Did you attend one of the Alberta post-secondary institutions listed below?
We will request transcripts on your behalf if you attended one of the following Alberta post-secondary institutions:
- Alberta University of the Arts
- Athabasca University
- Bow Valley College
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Keyano College
- The King's University College
- Lakeland College
- Lethbridge College
- MacEwan University
- Medicine Hat College
- Mount Royal University
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
- Northwestern Polytechnic
- NorQuest College
- Northern Lakes College
- Olds College of Agriculture & Technology
- Portage College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- St. Mary's University College
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Lethbridge
Did you attend another post-secondary institution (not listed above)?
Please follow the instructions outlined above to submit your official transcript(s) to Red Deer Polytechnic for use in processing your application to attend RDP.
We appreciate your time and efforts to submit all transcripts to RDP to assist us in making an admission decision regarding your application to attend our institution.
Please note that all documents submitted become the property of Red Deer Polytechnic. The transcripts and other documents you submit to RDP will not be returned to you.
Applicants with International Transcripts
This section may apply to international students, Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents.
Red Deer Polytechnic does not require applicants to submit post-secondary transcripts from other countries EXCEPT for applicants from the Philippines.
However, please note:
- international transcripts may need to be assessed by IQAS (International Qualifications Assessment Services). If so, you might be charged an assessment fee.
- if you want to request transfer credit for post-secondary course work completed in countries other than Canada, you must submit to RDP the official transcripts and course outlines/syllabi for these courses.
- if your official transcript is not in English, please provide a translated copy from the Association of Translators and Interpreters Of Alberta.
Read the information we've provided about International Admissions, including whether your transcript can be assessed by RDP or will require an IQAS assessment.
Deadlines for Submitting Transcripts
Your official transcripts, from other high school (secondary) or post-secondary institutions, must be received by Red Deer Polytechnic's Office of the Registrar by the term deadlines below.
- Fall (September) term: August 15
- Winter (January) term: December 15
- Spring (May) term: April 1
- Summer (July) term: June 1
- Fall (September) term: July 15
- Winter (January) term: December 1
- Spring (May) term: March 31
- Summer (July) term: May 1
Please note: Applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program must submit official or in-progress transcripts by March 1, to be considered for admission to the next academic year. Transcripts submitted after March 1 will determine your position on the waitlist for this program.