Financial Aid for International Students
RDP offers services, resources and some payment options for international students. International students can seek funding through their home country or a private institution. In order to obtain student loans and grants through the Government of Canada and provincial programs, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person.
Payment Options for International Students
Pursuing post-secondary education is an investment in your future. RDP provides international students with several methods to pay their tuition:
Pay Your Tuition and Fees Term by Term
- Once registered for courses, submit payment by term, on or before the term payment deadline.
Pay Your Tuition for the Full Academic Year
- Once your registration is complete for the academic year, submit payment for each term, on or before the starting term payment deadline.
Pay Estimated Tuition for Your First Year of Study after Acceptance into Program (SDS Stream)
- International students who are interested in applying for their study permit through the Government of Canada’s Student Direct Stream will be required to pay the estimated tuition for their first year of study upon acceptance into the program. Once you receive your Letter of Acceptance and pay your tuition deposit, submit a lump sum payment of the first year estimated tuition. It is important to note that exact tuition and fees will be calculated once you register for courses in each term.
Pay Tuition and Fees Using Flywire
Red Deer Polytechnic has partnered with Flywire to provide our international payers with a simple, secure payment method. With Flywire, you can pay online from banks and countries around the world, usually in your home currency.
Within a few days of applying to RDP, you will be emailed your username and password for TheLoop. Access TheLoop and follow the instructions to complete payment:
- Log-in to TheLoop
- Click on the "Money Matters" tab then select "International Tuition & Fees"
- Go to the "International Payments" section and click on the Flywire link
- Follow the instructions provided by Flywire to complete the payment
Please note: It may take up to 5-6 business days before your payment will be posted to your student account. Please calculate this processing time when looking at tuition due dates. You may be charged a late fee if your payment is not posted to your account by the tuition due date.
If you need to pay a balance for your application fee, please contact the Fees Office at email@example.com.
Payment Plan for Qualified Returning International Students
If you are a returning international student in the second, third or fourth year of a program, RDP offers students the option to pay their tuition and fees in four equal payments by term through an approved payment plan.
To review eligibility criteria log into TheLoop and visit the International Tuition & Fees page under the Money Matters tab.
Funding and Awards Advising
General Advisors in the Student Connect Centre are happy to help all students with financial planning and are available to answer money-related questions.
Student Connect Centre Drop-In Hours for Financial Advising (Room 1102)
January 2-15, 2024
- Monday – Friday (9-11:30 am and 1-3:30 pm)
January 16, 2024 onward
- Monday mornings (9-11:30 am)
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings and afternoons (9-11:30 am and 1-3:30 pm)
- Friday mornings (9-11:30 am)
The Student Connect Centre is closed on statutory holidays.