Welcome to our proud alumni community
You are an Red Deer Polytechnic Alum if you:
- Completed 30 credits at Red Deer Polytechnic, even when we were RDC (typically 10 classes per year)
- Finished a trades program or completed a portion of it at Red Deer Polytechnic
- Started your degree at Red Deer Polytechnic (even if you finished it by transferring)
Since 1964, Red Deer Polytechnic has supported learners to reach their academic, professional and personal goals. This community of more than 80,000 individuals stretches across the world and includes leaders across a range of industries. We are proud to connect alumni with each other and with our institution and to celebrate your achievements.
"In my work with the RDC Alumni Association, I have been inspired by the creativity, generosity and energy RDC alumni bring to lives they are living." - Bre, Bachelor of Arts, 2003
Gifts from Red Deer Polytechnic alumni support learners in many ways. Learn more about alumni-led fundraising initiatives, which can commemorate your legacy or the memory of a loved one while supporting the needs of learners, or donate to an area that can support development in your field. alumni [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca (subject: Alumni%20Giving) (Contact us) to learn more about Alumni Giving.
- Create a Scholarship
- Giving to Red Deer Polytechnic
- Past Alumni Giving Initiatives
- Share your story to inspire others
- Take A Seat
We are immensely proud of our alumni. We’re pleased to present two annual alumni awards that celebrate these achievements and the lasting impact our alumni have on our community.
Each year, the Red Deer Polytechnic Alumni Association acknowledges a Distinguished Alum who has established themselves academically, professionally and/or in community service. The Alumni Legacy Award commemorates the community contributions of alumni who have passed away.
- Alumni Legacy Award
- Distinguished Alum Award
- Nominate a deserving alum
- Red Deer Polytechnic Community Awards
- We’re equally pleased to share the stories of our alumni at all stages of their careers on our Alumni Stories blog.
There are many ways that the RDP Alumni Association and Red Deer Polytechnic can support you. We are a strong community and, with more than 80,000 former students, we have the potential to build an even stronger network. Stay connected, and learn more about the ways we can support each other.
Spotlight is a monthly e-newsletter. Learn more about what’s happening in the Red Deer Polytechnic community, including upcoming or past events, RDP news, professional development activities, and ways to give back.
As an Alum, you are eligible for discounted rates on most Red Deer Polytechnic services, as well as from our community partners, including TD Insurance. Learn more about the perks available with your Alumni Benefits Card, or apply to become a Perk Partner.
- Alumni Benefits Card sign-up
- Become a Perk Partner
- Perk Partners
- Red Deer Polytechnic Services
- TD Insurance
A group of graduates established the Alumni Association in 1988 to assist students and help alumni and new graduates stay connected to the College. The RDPAA is governed by a volunteer executive, which is dedicated to:
- Promoting academic excellence
- Maintaining an informed, interested and committed alumni
- Furthering the friendships and associations made while attending Red Deer Polytechnic
- Ensuring that the Polytechnic continues to play an integral role in central Alberta
Connect with us
Help us recognize and celebrate the impact of Red Deer Polytechnic alumni on our their communities and careers. Share your story to inspire others, sign up for our e-newsletter to hear about other alumni or learn more about supporting students, or make a gift. Together, let’s create a bold future for Red Deer Polytechnic.