Unfortunate circumstances can arise without a moment’s notice. Red Deer Polytechnic does not want you, or your studies, to suffer as a result. Review our emergency funding options below or discuss your situation with a Student Connect Centre advisor.
Emergency book loans are available to students who have begun classes and have yet to receive their funding due to an unanticipated delay. Emergency book loans are applied to your iCard for use at the Campus Store and must be repaid within 30 days. Visit the Student Connect Centre to discuss your eligibility.
If you find yourself in a transportation emergency, contact the Students' Association to discuss accessing bus tickets.
The Red Deer Polytechnic Emergency Bursary is intended to assist students experiencing a financial shortfall due to unforeseen circumstances. Please note Emergency Bursaries do not generally exceed $1,000, though extenuating circumstances may allow for consideration of additional funds.
The following are examples of situations that may warrant an emergency bursary: fleeing an unsafe home environment, medical emergencies, funeral expenses, car accidents, home emergencies (fires, floods, break-ins, etc.).
To determine if you are eligible to receive an emergency bursary, please answer the following questions:
- Are you experiencing a financial shortfall due to unforeseen circumstances or unanticipated expenses?
- Have you applied for all available funding sources (ie. federal and provincial student loans and grants)?
- Will receipt of this bursary solve your financial shortfall?
- Have you paid your tuition/registration fees?
- Are you currently attending classes?
- Is your study period at least 4 weeks in length?
If you answered yes to all of the above, please complete the Emergency Bursary Application and monitor your email for a response. The Emergency Bursary Committee meets weekly and will connect with you once your application has been reviewed. To avoid processing delays, please ensure you submit all relevant supporting documentation with your application.
Emergency Food Bank
The Students' Association of Red Deer Polytechnic provides food bank services to students in urgent need. The SARDP Emergency Food Bank operates September through June, with additional holiday assistance available in December. Students can access regular SARDP Food Bank services once per term, to a maximum of twice per year, for a total of three times in their lifetime.
Please note obtaining holiday assistance does not impact term, annual or lifetime limits.
In order to access the SARDP Emergency Food Bank, students must:
- Be currently enrolled in and attending RDP course(s), and
- Have applied for government grants (if eligible), and
- Go through a pre-screening process to discuss food insecurity and current needs. Pre-screening is performed in the Student Connect Centre (room 1102).
Eligible applicants will be provided with official approval which must be presented to the SARDP along with photo ID in order to collect their items.