RDP Launches New 2030 Strategic Plan
Red Deer Polytechnic is pleased to announce the launch of our new 2030 Strategic Plan: Productivity & Social Impact. The seven-year plan provides clear direction and ambitious goals that will see the institution continue to transform into a provincially focused, nationally recognized, and globally relevant polytechnic.
“Our plan is bold and ambitious,” comments Stuart Cullum, President. “Building on our 60-year foundation of education, training, applied research and service to central Alberta, our new strategic plan provides the blueprint for us to become the polytechnic that Alberta and Canada needs. A polytechnic that is focused on the economic and social interests of our province, and is committed to creating innovation ecosystems where learners, industry, community partners, and cross-disciplinary experts can come together to solve challenges and seize opportunities for positive social and economic impact.”
The creation of the 2030 Strategic Plan included extensive internal and external consultation with faculty, staff, industry, and community partners and is centered around seven strategic drivers.
- Strategic Driver #1 Learner Impact: Sustainably grow enrolment by 50 per cent while creating an inclusive culture where learners engage in unique polytechnic experiences that lead to meaningful employment and positive social impact.
- Strategic Driver #2 Program Mix & Delivery: Expand and align programming to meet industry and community demand for the region, province and beyond.
- Strategic Driver #3 Research & Creation: Be nationally recognized in RDP’s four Areas of Focus through applied research, scholarship and creative activity.
- Strategic Driver #4 Innovation Ecosystem Spaces: Provide campus environments that foster collaboration and integration between teaching, learning, applied research and industry engagement.
- Strategic Driver #5 Brand Recognition: Be a polytechnic leader that is provincially focused, nationally recognized, and first choice for learners, employees, industry and partners.
- Strategic Driver #6 Enhanced Partnerships: Generate $200M in investments and partnerships and deliver transformational value for students, businesses and communities.
- Strategic Driver #7 Employer of Choice: Be a Top 100 nationally recognized employer that elevates and supports each employee to collectively strengthen the Polytechnic.
The Strategic Plan also features objectives, priority actions and success measures that support each strategic driver and identifies four key Areas of Focus for the Polytechnic, including:
- Manufacturing & Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy Innovation
- Healthcare & Health Technology, and
- Social Innovation