Red Deer Polytechnic offers awe-inspiring, state-of-the-art facilities that make it easier to advance your personal or team’s fitness and wellness goals.
Community members, organizations, athletic teams and recreational enthusiasts will all benefit from the dynamic opportunities in the beautiful and accessible Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre/Centre des Jeux du Canada Gary W. Harris. Once the home of the Canada Winter Games, the Centre provides barrier-free sports and fitness opportunities.
Read below to learn about the diverse fitness, health and wellness facilities that RDP has to offer.
Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone
Through Red Deer Polytechnic's fitness programs, we enjoy helping central Albertans meet their health and wellness goals.
Memberships to our high-performance fitness area provide you with access to:
- State-of-the-art cardio and weight equipment
- Our high-performance zone consisting of six platforms
- Spin bike zone
- Free weight zone
- Barrier-free fitness opportunities
- Fitness classes held in our multi-purpose fitness studio
- Personal training services for individuals of all fitness levels
- Free individual fitness programs designed to help you reach your fitness goals
RDP's Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone is 30,000 square feet. This means we have a variety of equipment and spaces for everyone to use.
We take pride in creating a comfortable and safe environment where you are encouraged to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. We want your experience to be great, not only from your workout, but from the friends you make while training here.
Border Paving Running Track
Our Border Paving Running Track is a 200-metre training/competition track that includes a 100-metre sprint track.
The Kings and Queens Indoor Track teams use this track for training. It has also been used to host several ACAC Indoor Track competitions.
We welcome Fitness Zone members to use this track for walking or running - whether during the winter when sidewalks are icy, or during the summer as you find a cool place to beat the heat.
Larkaun Homes Squash Courts
Squash is an exciting, fast-moving indoor sport that offers an excellent full-body workout. Get your sweat on in one of our four Larkaun Homes Squash courts located in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre.
Cost: Free for members; $10 per hour per participant (non-members)
Details: Those wishing to book a squash court must create an Xplor Recreation user account.
- Squash court bookings are available on the hour for an hour
- Squash goggles and balls are available for purchase at Guest Services for $6 each
- You can rent squash rackets for $5 per hour
Please review the squash court conditions of use, to ensure an equitable, safe and enjoyable experience for all.
The Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre Arena is home to the RDP Kings and Queens Ice Hockey teams.
The bright and spacious Arena was designed to maximize the experience for athletes and the viewing, comfort and audio experiences for fans and guests.
The Arena can seat up to 1,100 spectators.
The Arena is available for the public to rent, including for community tournaments, club teams and special events.
Fas Gas - On The Run Gymnasium
The Fas Gas - On The Run Gymnasium is the home court for the RDP Kings and Queens Volleyball and Basketball teams.
This performance gymnasium is 1,748 square metres and can be configured for single feature court events for both basketball and volleyball and multi-court configurations to accommodate tournaments as well.
This bright, convertible space features:
- 1,200 individual seat capacity, with top-loading access and barrier-free viewing
- A configuration that meets both FIVB and FIBA competition requirements
- State-of-the-art audiovisual technologies
- Two dynamic 18-foot HD scoreboard/video walls
- Ability to adapt to a variety of court sports with multiple seating configurations
The Fas Gas - On The Run Gymnasium is available to rent, including for community tournaments, club teams and special events.
BMO Financial Group Wellness Studio
BMO Financial Group Wellness Studio, which is located just off the Collicutt Performance Fitness Zone, has the most natural light of any space in the Gary. W. Harris Canada Games Centre.
With views of outdoor spaces and Builders’ Hall indoors, this is a prime location for a wide range of health and fitness activities.
The RDP Soccer Field is located on main campus and plays host to the Kings and Queens Soccer teams.
Our Soccer Field has the following amenities:
- 210’ x 330’ field surface surrounded by a 400-metre track
- 200 seating capacity
- Field side power access
- Slider scoreboard
- Officials field house
Teaching & Learning Spaces
At Red Deer Polytechnic, we're all about learning.
Our Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre offers a variety of educational spaces, including labs and classrooms.
- Most of these learning spaces are in the Jack & Joan Donald and Family Health and Wellness Learning Wing which is a wing in the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre.
- Another three classrooms are in the Arena zone.
Athletic therapy, a high-performance training lab and fitness/testing spaces also create opportunities to support and expand RDP's programs.